First of all I would like to give a big congratulations to Lindsey who won my giveaway! Click her name to go check out her blog, she does amazing nail art!
Second, a lot of people requested that I do tutorials on my nail art. It would be kind of hard for some of them in pictures but if theres any you guys really want to see I can maybe try and do a video on them?
I didn't realize how HORRIBLE these pictures looked until I uploaded them to my computer. But that's what I get for taking pictures inside with my phone at night time haha. SO I'm sorry for the quality of them.
Let's do thiiisss!
1. Paint your nails with your base color. This is Color Club- Vintage Couture. One of my favorite light pinks! :)
2. In this case I used white but you can use whatever color you wish. I just used the brush of the nail polish and made almost a french tip but instead of being rounded its pointed? I don't know how to explain this. Try to make the lines pretty straight, they don't have to be perfect though because you will end up going over them anyways with the black.
3. Now for this you can either use a nail art brush or you can use the nail art polishes. I used the nail art polishes because I find them easier to use than the brushes. You can also use a dotting tool which is sometimes easier. As you can see, my lines weren't all that great, but they can be fixed after when we do the dots and frills.
4. Now just take a dotting tool or toothpick or whatever you want to use and make the dots. I try to do the dots where I will do a line of dots and then the next line I try to put those dots in between the dots of the other line if that makes sense?
5. Now I just took a fine tip sharpie and drew on the frills. You could try to use nail polish but that sounded waaaayyyy too hard haha. The only problem with this was... it smudged pretty bad. I just tried to be very gentile with my topcoat when I was going over the sharpie part.
You can see the smudging really well here on my pinter and pinkie finger. :(